"Businesses Readily Involved in Developing Genuine Education"
Why is there a need for a School/Business Partnership?
- Develop a positive relationship between the school and community businesses.
- Provide opportunities for students to gain knowledge about career paths.
- Provide the community with graduates who are knowledgeable in fields within Washington and surrounding areas.
- Provide students with positive role models within our community.
- Guest Speaker: Speak to a class on a topic related to an occupation/business to facilitate a connection between curriculum and the world of work.
- Mentoring: Meeting with a student for a designated, on-going period of time to tutor, provide encouragement, and be a positive role model. (Currently at Fifth St. School Only)
- Tours: Allow students to tour the actual workplace.
- A teacher or School/Business Partnership Liaison will contact a place of business to participate in the School/Business Partnership program.
- A discussion will occur between the teacher and the business member to determine the goal and the expectations of the partnership.
- The Partnership Activity Form may be completed by the teacher in collaboration with the business partner to aid in planning the event.
For additional information please contact:
Secondary and Middle School Information
Mr. Joe Dierks - WHS Asst. Principal - 636-231-2200
Dr. Kevin Mabie - SFBRHS Principal - 636-390-3686
Elementary School Information
Ms. Kim Hunt - Washington West Principal - 636-390-9150
Click Here to view the program's Handbook & Directory.